Oh God, Here We Go Again

Mary Hawking maryhawking at tigers.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 06:45:31 BST 2010

Wouldn't it be nice if the records actually existed in an accessible form?
What worries me is the lack of appreciation of the real world: hospitals
don't have electronic patient records (and, if local experience is anything
to go by, their electronic discharge letters are such poor quality as to be
dangerous) and the only GP system able to offer Patient Record Access is
EMIS - so at present only around 58% of practices could be covered (although
other systems could use the same PAERS software - I believe).

I'm only halfway through the review, but so far have found nothing likely to
be useful as a GP Commissioner - or in any other role.

Mary Hawking