OATH Tokens

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Fri Oct 15 17:16:49 BST 2010

* James Firth:

> Wow - I presume being an open source algorithm there is no annual cost to
> running this?  Could be a game-changer for RSA who charged something along
> the lines of $200 per token, per year - from memory - when I was last
> involved at the coal face.

There are several options these days, most of them way cheaper.  When
you want to sell to folks who actually suffer from fraud, you need to
make sure that your proposal is measurably cheaper than just absorbing
the fraud (and factor in that such tokens do not even stop all current
attacks, let alone future ones).