Consultation on change to RIP interception definition ("unintentional interception")

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Fri Nov 19 08:22:15 GMT 2010

In article <X$0+b4SezO5MFAy$@perry.co.uk>, Roland Perry
<lists at internetpolicyagency.com> writes
>> I trust ISPs don't propagate routes for RFC1918 any more...
>
>As the available free pool of IPv4 diminishes, the RIRs are taking a
>much closer look at what they call "noise" in /8's that they receive
>from IANA and which were supposed to be previously unregistered (and
>hence unused/unannounced). Geoff Huston at APNIC has done much of this,
>if you want the gory details.

Geoff's speaking about this (again) at the Rome RIPE meeting, as I type.
The webcast and slides should be available online. He says there's
100megabits on 1.1.1.1 at the moment, and nearly a gigabit peak on the
whole /8.

http://ripe61.ripe.net/programme/meeting-plan/plenary-6/

(It's named ipv6, but plenty of v4 stuff included).

And "Private networks leak like crazy..." he says!