Contactless bank cards

David Walters david at jellybaby.net
Wed Nov 17 12:30:24 GMT 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 12:10 PM, Roland Perry
<lists at internetpolicyagency.com> wrote:
> In article <AANLkTik4RnZf7-q4wi-zvYUsB0FO-bXsbwbKiDccWg04 at mail.gmail.com>,
> David Walters <david at jellybaby.net> writes
>>
>> I've made contactless transactions in places where the card terminal isn't
>> linked to the till. Most National Trust tea rooms and my local Indian
>> takeaway for example
>
> Less than a tenner?

The contactless limit was raised to to £15 about a year ago. The cynic
in me thinks it will keep increasing until there is significant, to
the banks, fraud and then they will freeze it and let inflation push
the criminals elsewhere.

> Those are mighty cheap places to eat :)

I've always thought of National Trust tea rooms as fairly expensive
places but they can just about manage a couple of cakes and teas for
under £15. Lunch for the whole family requires prior approval from the
bank manager.