Contactless bank cards

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Tue Nov 16 15:07:52 GMT 2010

In article <4CE25CB2.6040501 at callnetuk.com>, Peter Mitchell
<otcbn at callnetuk.com> writes
>So you steal £50 cash from the till and make the total takings back up
>to £200 by putting through £50 worth of debit card transactions.

In most shops my observation (from the customer side of the till) is
that to "put through" a card transaction you first need to ring up a
sale on the till, and then link that transaction to the C&P terminal.
You can't just "invent" a transaction out of thin air (the way you used
to be able to with carbon paper receipts and the mechanical swipe
machines).