Contactless bank cards

Ian Batten igb at batten.eu.org
Tue Nov 16 10:41:41 GMT 2010

>> His EPOS system should tell him that.
>
> How?

It breaks down transactions by payment type.  It'll say "£300 cards, £600 cash".  And if there's not £600 in the till, there's a problem.  Oddly enough, large EPOS systems have been subject to attempted fraud before.  The old favourite was getting a crooked till assistant to accept stolen cheques in exchange for cash from the till, which is the same route you're trying to use.

>>> Mine (BT) doesn't list calls under 40p.
>> Maybe you need a different sort of bill
>
> It doesn't matter what I personally need - I was simply pointing out that Ian's statement was incorrect.

If we're playing pedant, "There are phone companies that do itemise cheap calls".  Vodafone do, for example: my bill is fully itemised, even though I make no off-contract calls.

ian