Contactless bank cards

David Walters david at jellybaby.net
Tue Nov 16 09:14:25 GMT 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 10:24 PM, Peter Mitchell <otcbn at callnetuk.com> wrote:
> Has any bank customer ever *asked* the banks to make contactless card
> payments possible, I wonder?

I've applied for and received a card which I wanted because it offered
contactless payments.

I've also attempted to get the large supermarkets with self service
checkouts to accept contactless payments although getting through to
them seems impossible. "We already accept credit cards"

But then I'm also the kind of person that keeps receipts and checks
statements, I even did it while I was a drunk student. I'm currently
about £180 up on transactions made in shops that have never arrived on
my statement. Trying to query one of those is impossible.