Consultation on change to RIP interception definition

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Thu Nov 11 12:38:11 GMT 2010

In article <4CDBBF17.3070209 at iosis.co.uk>, Peter Tomlinson
<pwt at iosis.co.uk> writes
>It seems to me that the assumption will be that the owner of the
>account will have given consent on behalf of all users of the account
>(typically of that keyboard). So consent ought to be given in some
>secure manner (a) that is logged in a way that can be verified and, if
>the user wishes, changed,

If the CSP was a PAYG (or free) wifi point, that would add a whole extra
layer to the sign-up process. Plus all CSPs having to add some sort of
permanently accessible account parameters. I now that the transparency
is desirable, but worry about the implementation.

>and (b) that, if consent has been given, ensures that an informative
>logo is always displayed in each browser window.

How would that work - the CSP intercepting every web page and adding
something that he fondly believes every browser in the world would
display?

ps HTTP is not the only protocol on the Internet.