Here we go again - ISP DPI, but is it interception?

David Biggins David_Biggins at usermgmt.com
Thu Jul 29 10:39:49 BST 2010

http://www.slightlyrightofcentre.com/2010/07/trials-by-virgin-media-of-
> copyr
> ight.html

Hmmmm.....

The other week, I requested some data from a SOAP web service...

The XML response arrived, interestingly, broken, with javascript
embedded in it.

The client and server machines are both clean, and the server most
assuredly does not send script in its responses.

Regrettably, I didn't keep the response - deadlines loomed, so I
repeated the request, which arrived clean.

Virgin Media is my ISP, and the last time I saw something like this was
during the Phorm trials.

D.