Being safe on the internet (was Re: Here we go again - ISP DPI, but is it interception?)

Ray Bellis Ray.Bellis at nominet.org.uk
Thu Aug 12 12:26:27 BST 2010

> Reminds me when I was a sysadmin at Oxford and we had one of the first
> DEC Alpha systems in the country.

There must have been quite a few around before then - I was running several in the Dept. of Experimental Psychology a good year or so (Jan '93?) before OUCS got Sable.  That's how I got on the procurement committee for it. ;-)

Our DEC 3000 Model 500 was the first OSF/1 DEC Alpha at Oxford, although ISTR rumours that someone may have got a VMS one slightly before us.

Ray