Being safe on the internet (was Re: Here we go again - ISP DPI, but is it interception?)

Ian Batten igb at batten.eu.org
Wed Aug 11 14:13:44 BST 2010

> [1] Nor was one allowed to without permission. No private calls
> during the day either, which is instrumental in why I campaign about
> such things even today.

Although at 10p/min it's easy to see why it was an issue in those
days, and the massive prevalence of mobile phones makes it much less
of an issue than it used to be.  Since I left Fujitsu I've been going
around replacing "daytime contact" for things associated with the
children to my mobile number, and I've found that I'd actually
provided my mobile number for most of them anyway.

ian