Being safe on the internet (was Re: Here we go again - ISP DPI, but is it interception?)

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Wed Aug 4 14:36:02 BST 2010

In article
<AANLkTi=zDCjqopT1ASfrBJDmpcFp1Ox8maWzDko2q+WW at mail.gmail.com>, Francis
Davey <fjmd1a at gmail.com> writes
>So the moral is: don't supply a URL to a website where you know that
>success will give you access to data to which you are not entitled,
>for whatever reason.

As long as the url is pointing to something on the public side of the
url's root, I may have no idea whether or not the content I will find is
something the website considers me unauthorised to view. It may well be
the case that a combination of sloth and incompetence has merely
rendered that content inaccessible to visitors.