Here we go again - ISP DPI, but is it interception?

David Biggins David_Biggins at usermgmt.com
Wed Aug 4 10:16:09 BST 2010

Norton
> Internet Security running on the client machine.  I assume you've
> already
> considered this and will keep my ear to the ground.
>
> James Firth

Hi James,

Specifically to avoid such issues, this was part of a dedicated test
setup, with just the basic Vista 64 firewall, Avast AV (just the AV, no
additional "security suite" tools), and no other resident anti-malware
tools were running.

I guess it's possible that Avast's monitoring was somehow responsible.
I would have expected the problem to have been likely to recur since, in
such a case,  but I'll keep an open mind.

Thanks for the feedback.

D.