Being safe on the internet (was Re: Here we go again - ISP DPI, but is it interception?)

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Wed Aug 4 08:54:49 BST 2010

In article <20100803185937.00007a49 at surtees.fenrir.org.uk>, Brian
Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> writes
>> This churn of application versions is becoming a serious irritant.
>
>Just as well that it only takes a minute or two to update and restart
>then. I find the MS updates far more annoying

Firefox is by far the worst, because you can't postpone it. If you are
on the phone talking to someone, and there's something to be looked up -
you start Firefox and quite often it will say "hang on for a minute or
two while I download and install an update". This is the precise reason
I now use Chrome for much of my less serious browsing!