Blackberries , encryption and other mobile phones

Adrian Hayter adrianhayter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 13:37:24 BST 2010

In terms of email, it would depend on the protocol used, and the configuration of the protocol. For instance, I have an Android phone that is synced to my Google account, and Google Email uses SSL to encrypt mail both ways (sending & receiving). This is the case regardless if you use POP3 or IMAP. However, encryption isn't a requirement for the POP3 and IMAP protocols to work, so it would depend on the email provider in that case.

-Adrian