Being safe on the internet (was Re: Here we go again - ISP DPI, but is it interception?)

James Firth james2 at jfirth.net
Mon Aug 2 11:51:33 BST 2010

Peter Tomlinson wrote:
> And my argument is that protective measures for the user should be
> ubiquitous, free of charge for the core protection service, routinely
> installed and automatic in operation [1]. Thus not elitist.

Elitism was an aside thrown in by Ian but with such systems I would tend to
look for any civil liberties issues associated with ubiquitous facilities
attached to networked public communications systems.  Obviously I can't
comment without further details and look forward to reading your paper when
completed.

James Firth