Blackberries , encryption and other mobile phones

Peter Tomlinson pwt at iosis.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 09:11:46 BST 2010

This topic rattled around on R4 Today programme, and seemed to settle on:

- Blackberry emails are encrypted (nothing mentioned about any network
provider effects)

- not just UAE but also Abu Dhabi have announced bans, with different
dates for implementing

- India was also concerned but appears to have come to some arrangement
with Blackberry

So maybe UAE and AD are posturing, and want the same deal that India has
got.

I know nothing about the activities of national security organisations...

Peter