[GIT SERIES v4] secnet: IPv6 support

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Mon Oct 6 18:12:30 BST 2014

The following series is available for review here:
  http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/ucgi/~ian/git/secnet.git/
  git://git.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ian/secnet.git
in the following rev-list:
  base.ipv6.v4..proposed.ipv6.v4

I have been through the whole series up to this point with a careful
review of each patch.  As a result I have discovered and fixed many
important bugs and also made other improvements.

I'm going to continue with the same review approach for my polypath
series, which depends on this one.  I'm hoping, though, that this will
be the last or perhaps penultimate version.

If you want to object to this series, or my `Fuzz SLIP decoder'
branch, now would be the time.

    1  autoconf: Provide an autogen.sh
    2  Makefile.in: Use -MMD, not depend.sh
    3  site: Permit transport-peers-max to be equal to MAX_PEER_ADDRS
    4  Provide various wrappers for memcpy (COPY_OBJ, BUF_...)
    5  Use memcpy helpers and FILLZERO
    6  subnet_to_string: Do not allocate
    7  site: transport peers: Formalise interface to transport peers
    8  site: transport peers: Notes on multi-address-family (IPv6) support
    9  comm_if: Define the meaning of ->sendmsg returning false
   10  site: transport peers: Delete or demote unsuitable peers addresses
   11  site: Provide transport_record_peers to cope with multiple addresses
   12  site: transport peers: Update bulk of code for multiple addresses
   13  resolver: construct comm_addr; honour multiple addresses from the re
   14  site: Permit multiple peer addresses even if peer is static
   15  site: Change default number of mobile peers
   16  site: Remove "wishful thinking" from transport address handling comm
   17  ipv6: introduce union iaddr
   18  comm etc.: Provide comm_addr_equal
   19  ipv6: More buffers in iaddr_to_string
   20  autoconf: Update to autoconf 2.69
   21  ipv6: check for support in system and in adns
   22  ipv6: Support printing, comparing, etc. IPv6 addresses
   23  udp: Break out udp_make_socket
   24  Make list_length and string_item_to_ipaddr const-correct.
   25  Provide ARRAY_SIZE
   26  Provide string_item_to_iaddr
   27  udp.c: Remove some (ab)use of variable name `i'
   28  udp: Support IPv6 (mostly)
   29  udp: Support IPv6 when using authbind
   30  resolver: Support IPv6 name resolution
   31  resolver: Log reason for DNS resolution failure
   32  resolver: Support IPv6 literals
   33  Python IP addresses: Provide ipaddrset.py library
   34  Python IP addresses: Use modern ipaddr.py - supports IPv6
   35  Python IP addresses: Check for and maybe delete stale ipaddr.py
   36  Python IP addresses: Remove sys.path hacking from test script
   37  test-example: Switch to testing IPv6 too
   38  resolver: Provide input name as argument to callback
   39  Provide dict_read_string_array
   40  site: Support multiple addresses

 .gitignore              |    1 +
 INSTALL                 |    5 +
 Makefile.in             |   36 +-
 README                  |   11 +-
 autogen.sh              |    4 +
 conffile.c              |   29 +-
 config.h.in             |    3 +
 configure               |  564 +++++++++++++--------
 configure.in            |   13 +
 debian/control          |    2 +-
 depend.sh               |   22 -
 ipaddr.c                |    4 +-
 ipaddr.h                |    2 +-
 ipaddr.py               | 1244 -----------------------------------------------
 ipaddrset-test.expected |   23 +
 ipaddrset-test.py       |   41 ++
 ipaddrset.py            |  148 ++++++
 make-secnet-sites       |   30 +-
 netlink.c               |    6 +-
 resolver.c              |   79 ++-
 secnet.h                |   74 ++-
 slip.c                  |    1 -
 test-example/sites      |    2 +-
 transform-cbcmac.c      |   14 +-
 transform-eax.c         |    2 +-
 udp.c                   |  249 +++++++---
 util.c                  |  107 +++-
 util.h                  |   31 ++