please consider making a(nother) formal release of gesftpserver

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Mon Sep 1 20:30:22 BST 2014

Quoting Richard Kettlewell (2014-09-01 19:02:19)
> On 2014-09-01 09:57, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> I notice that there's been some activity since the initial 0.1
>> release in 2011, and I consider making a snapshot release, as Debian
>> will soon freeze and the recent changes seem like conservative
>> improvements.
>>
>> I would, hower, much prefer if made a formal release of the changed
>> code, and I distribute that.
>
> I'll see what I can do.

Thanks!

> Do you have a hard deadline?  I'm quite busy for the next few weeks.

The hard deadline is November 5th - but is a "now it's too late" date.

Honestly I don't really know how it interprets into "how late can a
project release be to get included?" - here are some more details in
case you are curious (but I guess for an outsider to Debian procedures
it is even harder to figure out what it says):
https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2014/05/msg00000.html

Essentially it boils down to "Real Soon Now...!" :-)

(also, I am involved in maintenance of 400+ packages, so I will quite
likely be slower to react and process new material as we get closer to
deadline)

 - Jonas