git-remote-gcrypt 1.4

Sean Whitton spwhitton at spwhitton.name
Fri Jan 22 01:52:03 GMT 2021

Hello,

I'm pleased to release git-remote-gcrypt 1.4 with the following changes:

  * Add gcrypt.require-explicit-force-push configuration key.
    Thanks to Jay Colson for the idea and a patch.
  * Support rsync URIs like "rsync://user@host/path" (Closes: #980397).
    Thanks to Joey Hess for the patch.
  * CONTRIBUTING.rst:
    - Add mailing list information.
    - Add link to "How to Report Bugs Effectively".
  * PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md: replace patch submission instructions with
    reference to CONTRIBUTING.md.

You can find the source at https://git.spwhitton.name/git-remote-gcrypt
for browsing online or git cloning.

Releases are made by publishing signed git tags to that repository.  The
tag for this release is named '1.4, and is signed by me.

On Debian/etc. systems, apt-get install git-remote-gcrypt

-8<-

git-remote-gcrypt is a git remote helper to push and pull from
repositories encrypted with GnuPG, using a custom format.  This remote
helper handles URIs prefixed with `gcrypt::`.

Supported backends are `local`, `rsync://` and `sftp://`, where the
repository is stored as a set of files, or instead any `<giturl>`
where gcrypt will store the same representation in a git repository,
bridged over arbitrary git transport.

There is also an experimental `rclone://` backend for early adoptors
only (you have been warned).

The aim is to provide confidential, authenticated git storage and
collaboration using typical untrusted file hosts or services.

--
Sean Whitton