[Debian-uk] hosting Albiona and Qendresa in the UK

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Wed Sep 20 16:44:36 BST 2017

Hi all,

I recently met Albiona and Qendresa from Kosovo and gave them some
support with their hackathon for girls[1] in Prizren, it was very
successful and I was really amazed at how well everything was organized.

Steve and I had a brief discussion about them speaking at Mini DebConf
Cambridge, there are many things we can learn from them and also share
with them.

WizzAir flies between Luton and Kosovo on Tuesdays and Saturdays,
suggesting they would probably need to stay in the UK for a week
(Tuesday-Tuesday).  There don't appear to be other valid itineraries,
most involve long layovers and actually cost more money.

Would anybody be interested in helping out with accommodation, either
over the Mini DebConf weekend or in the days beforehand?

Regards,

Daniel

1.
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/ks/2017/CoderGalsHackathonForGirlsPrizren