[Debian-uk] Debconf15 travel

Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo manuel.montezelo at gmail.com
Thu May 14 23:01:42 BST 2015

f2015-05-08 0:02 GMT+01:00 Steve McIntyre <steve at einval.com>:
> On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 02:11:00PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>It's time we started planning this, so I've made the usual wiki page:
>>
>>  http://wiki.earth.li/DebconfTravel2015
>>
>>I'm planning on driving from Cambridge, obviously, and I expect so are
>>others. The convoy should be nice and easy this time...
>>
>>Add yourself and let's get organised!
>
> Any more for any more? We're going to have to book ferries etc...

I did not add myself yet because of many unknown variables in the
equation, I don't know the dates or even if I can attend at all.  I
will give a shout here if I can go in the end, I will likely go by
car.

In my experience ferries do not get very expensive even close to the
dates (e.g. even booking within the same week), the price depends
mainly on the days and times of the day.  I never paid more than £50,
often quite less than that, even booking 2 days before.  This is not
to discourage you to book now, just a general comment :-)

The eurotunnel train is a bit more expensive and gets quite expensive
close to the date (£200+ sometimes), but booked in advance can be £80
or possibly less, it's ~1h instead of ~2.5h (with waiting times
included), I don't know if you're considering it.  It's more boring
than the boat, but during

BTW, I didn't check in detail but google maps tells me 9h+, not 7h30
as the wiki says.  7h46 is the first suggestion, going by train all
the way.

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo at gmail.com>