[Debian-uk] Dropping Cambridge bid for 2017

Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo manuel.montezelo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 20:35:31 GMT 2015

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm sorry to say that we won't be submitting a complete bid for DC17
> in Cambridge. We're partway ready, but we're not going to be there for
> 15th December. In the last couple of weeks, my preferred accomodation
> partner has NACKed us and I've been too busy with other things since
> [1] to work on replacment options. We hope to find more time to make a
> complete bid in future, maybe DC18 or DC19.
>
> Good luck to the other teams bidding to host in 2017!
>
> [1] My wife Jo has had a major surgical procedure and I've been
>     helping her recuperate at home.

Pity, but understandable.  Thanks for all the work that you put there,
and hope that Jo is better now!

BTW, I recall having a conversation with her about possible
accomodation in Cambridge, I don't recall which options there were,
but at least at first glance it doesn't seem very easy to find
accomodation for a huge number of people, with Heidelberg in mind
(maybe attendance would not be so high, but I think that it would be
in the ballpark at least).

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo at gmail.com>