[Debian-uk] Keysigning in Cambridge on 24th of January?

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Sun Jan 22 20:49:30 GMT 2012

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 07:25:08PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 18:20:50 +0000
> "Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo" <manuel.montezelo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > 2012/1/22 Roger Leigh <rleigh at codelibre.net>:
> > > Hi folks,
> > >
> > > I'll be visiting Cambridge for a job interview on the 24th of
> > > January.  I've been wanting to upgrade my GPG key to a 4096-bit
> > > RSA key for a long while, but lacked the time to get it signed,
> > > and this would be an ideal opportunity.
>
> Which bit of Cambridge for the interview? Have you been to Cambridge
> before?

I'll be on the SE (ARM).  My only experience of Cambridge to date is
camping in Steve McIntyre's back garden and going to a meeting at the
University.  That is to say, I have no real knowledge of the place at
all yet!

> > > If there's anyone free who would like to meet up for keysigning,
> > > and/or food and drink in the late afternoon/early evening before
> > > I have to get my train back to York, I should be around from
> > > about 1700-2000.
>
> There are lots of good places to eat just up from the train station.
> 1700 will be early for most people though.

I thought it might be, but I can get any train back, up to 21:00,
though 20:30/20:40 are the last back that won't take ages, so I'm
fine with meeting later than that.

> > I'm interested in keysigning too, but a few:
> >
> > 1) I live the next village just south, but still outside Cambridge
> > (Great Shelford).  I work in a campus a few miles south and don't have
> > a car at the moment, so couldn't meet you in Cambridge until 18h30 or
> > so.

> I work outside Cambridge but I can get into the city centre for around
> the same time.

That sounds great.

> > 2) I'm quite new around here, and I seldom visit Cambridge, so I don't
> > know good places to eat or anything (which is part of the interest in
> > meeting with locals, isn't it? :-) )
>
> The Avery is not far away (back towards the city centre), Salisbury
> Arms and The Devonshire pubs are nearby, if a little harder to find.

I'll be happy to go with whatever is recommended.

My mobile is 07887 598791 if anyone wants to reach me on the day, since
I won't have access to mail.

Regards,
Roger

--