[Debian-uk] Debian playing cards now available

Neil Williams codehelp at debian.org
Sun Nov 13 20:55:45 GMT 2011

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 20:20:22 +0000
Iain Lane <iain at orangesquash.org.uk> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 06:33:29PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> > I raised this idea on this list whilst at DebConf11 and it took a while
> > but the Debian playing cards are now available - 200 packs in all.
>
> Nice idea. Do you have any pictures of the cards?

Those who were at DebConf11 and volunteered for the photos were able to
see the test packs I ordered with the DebConf11 logo on the back and
normal faces. Those buying the packs at FOSDEM etc. will be able to see
the packs - orders via the lists are at a bit of a disadvantage.

The faces of each card have the photo and name of the person, bordered
by the relevant card details (number and suit).

This is zack's :

http://linux.codehelp.co.uk/emdebian/zack-card.png

> And, since I didn't see it explicitly in the mail, are you soliciting
> orders? :-)

Yes, I do have packs available for orders. About half the packs have
been allocated so far.

As on the list, I need a delivery address & payment or confirmation
that you'll be in Cambridge some point before the end of the year.
Naturally, if you're in Cambridge, you can view the entire packs before
purchase - else there may well be someone nearby who has or will
receive packs fairly soon.

BACS details are available on request.

--

Neil Williams