interface down after resuming from standby, Network Manager loosing Ethernet connection (Re: elogind/runit-services breakage)

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Mon Apr 15 17:33:02 BST 2024

Dimitris - 15.04.24, 11:52:08 CEST:
> can confirm this..
> seems like a serious issue seen after latest elogind upgrade (255).
>
> udevd dmesg (various such messages) : "failed to execute
> '/lib/udev/libexec/elogind-uaccess-command'
> 'libexec/elogind-uaccess-command /dev/XXXXXX' : no such file or
> directory
>
> elogind-uaccess-commnad is currently found at /usr/libexec/

Mmmh, I wonder how many other things like this show up.

Currently I still have a very strange issue that may be related to this:

I close the lid of my ThinkPad T14 AMD Gen 1.

I open it again.

Ethernet based network is gone. "ip link" shows the link as down.

What currently kind of works for me is:

1) "ip link set LINK up" on the link

2) Terminate the Network Manager process so runit starts a new one.

3) killall plasmashell ; plasmashell

4) Reconnect via Network Manager applet.

Trying to fix the path issue manually now:

[…]/lib/udev# grep -ir elogind-uaccess-command
rules.d/73-seat-late.rules:TAG=="uaccess", ENV{MAJOR}!="", RUN{program}
+="libexec/elogind-uaccess-command %N $env{ID_SEAT}"

Changed path to absolute path "/usr/libexec/elogind-uaccess-command" in
there.

File is part of elogind package.

Rebooting and trying whether that helps.

Best,
--
Martin