What about services that only have systemd service files

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Sat Mar 4 17:04:31 GMT 2023

Matthew Vernon - 04.03.23, 17:48:23 CET:
> On 04/03/2023 16:37, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > 2) Adding an init script to orphan-sysvinit-scripts. However if
> > there  never was an init script for it, how could it be orphan?
> > Adding support for the service in runit-services.
>
> As the maintainer of orphan-sysvinit-scripts, I'm not that fussy about
> adding sysvinit scripts where the original package never had one.

Thanks.

> If you want them in bookworm, though, you've not a lot of time, as the
> freeze is fast upon us.

For myself I do not care. Cause I am using Devuan as a rolling distro
(Devuan Ceres which is like Debian Sid).

I will see what I can come up with.

I found another one for Pipewire: pipewire-pulseaudio also only seems to
have a systemd service file.

Bet I try to make some basic init script + runit service dir and do
enhancement bug reports as I get along with that.

Ciao,
--
Martin