Upgrade Bullseye to Bookworm, and getting of rid of systemd?

Thorsten Glaser t.glaser at tarent.de
Thu Jun 22 02:20:53 BST 2023

On Wed, 21 Jun 2023, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:

>Note that upgrading to Bookworm will force UsrMerge on you if you don't
>pin it away first. That may or may not bother you, but I don't want to
>touch it until it's no longer breaking dpkg, however that comes about.

Then stick to bullseye for now. It’s not a “supported” scenario in
bookworm and there’s very likely to be breakage already, at latest
in bookworm-backports there *will* be.

I know I do. I converted all my sid systems to bullseye before the
beginning of the bullseye cycle.

To the OP: ideally, you first do usrmerge (if you’re using the pak‐
kage) since that’s what They test, then get rid of systemd, then do
the upgrade. I’d not entangle the UsrMove switch with the upgrade,
if at all possible.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Infrastrukturexperte • tarent solutions GmbH
Am Dickobskreuz 10, D-53121 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/

/⁀\ The UTF-8 Ribbon
╲ ╱ Campaign against      Mit dem tarent-Newsletter nichts mehr verpassen:
 ╳  HTML eMail! Also,     https://www.tarent.de/newsletter
╱ ╲ header encryption!