remove systemd while debian runs on systemd [was: Jokes on monday morning, at least where i am its monday morning]

Sabrina sabrina at pep.foundation
Mon Apr 4 09:51:00 BST 2022

Dear Axel,

I can be transparent with my toughs as they are not that superficial but
seemingly not obvious;

On 4/4/22 10:10, Axel Beckert wrote:
> Dear Sabrina,
>
> On Mon, Apr 04, 2022 at 08:10:51AM +0200, Sabrina wrote:
>> lol. when i installed the package sysvinit-core recently, apt would
>> deinstall systemd immediatley.
>
> Of course. That's expected and what most people, who do that, actually
> want.

Before the last version upgrade you could easily install the sysV
packages, do your config, reboot and then remove systemd.
When I read that apt will remove systemd, I naturally thought;  well how
nice is that! It must remove systemd after I reboot. What a service to
init-diversity!

I don't know what most people want, but I enjoyed it how it used to be;
Reboot and then remove systemd _after_ the system runs with sysvinit*.
Removing systemd while the system runs on systemd is quite a  surprising
  logic..
(..and I think that logic is a mess like all the spam that reaches me
trough this mailing list.)

>> On 4/3/22 21:00, 三菱UFJニコス Net Branch wrote:
>>> 三菱UFJ銀行をご利用いただき、誠にありがとうございます。
>
> Why do you full-quote spam? Please stop doing that.

Thank you for the comment: Because I was and am annoyed about all the
spam in my inbox, coming in trough that mailing list.
I even had overlooked that for once there had been a real message.

That's all.

Regards,
Sabrina
--