Bullseye release notes / install instructions for alternative inits

Matthew Vernon matthew at debian.org
Tue Aug 10 15:31:49 BST 2021

Hi,

On 10/08/2021 15:18, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> Matthew Vernon - 23.07.21, 11:23:22 CEST:
>> I recently installed a new laptop using the latest Bullseye installer,
>> and it was reasonably straightforward :) I think we at least want
>> something in the install instructions on selecting alternative init
>> systems, and maybe also in the release notes on how to switch an
>> already-installed system?
>>
>> As a starter for ten, here are some rough drafts:
>> [I've tested the install myself, not the upgrade]
>
> Did you propose this as install instruction and/or release notes
> addition?

Yes - the list should have had a CC of the bug reports (though that
doesn't show the subsequent discussion) - #992025 and #992034

I think we will need a wiki page in any case (presumably updating
https://wiki.debian.org/Init ); and it remains to be seen if my changes
will get into either install or release docs :-/

Regards,

Matthew