buster libpam-elogind collides with itself

Adam Borowski kilobyte at angband.pl
Sun May 24 16:52:34 BST 2020

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 04:50:26PM +0200, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> On Sat, 23 May 2020, empro2 at web.de wrote:
>
> > libpam-elogind provides logind,
> > it also collides with logind and replaces it
>
> Please stop bothering about buster, there’s not going to
> be changed anything in it.

In case it is unclear:

Thorsten is very angry here, but not at _you_.  We had a well-tested
solution for the dependencies implemented and ready almost two years
before Buster's freeze.

> Also, Provides+Conflicts+Replaces is a completely normal
> thing in Debian and handled correctly.

There's still a need for libpam-elogind-compat, which lives only in
experimental.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ in the beginning was the boot and root floppies and they were good.