Survivors of GR, please show that you're alive and kicking!

Joost van Baal-Ilić joostvb-debian-init-diversity at mdcc.cx
Fri Jan 10 18:07:08 GMT 2020

Hi,

Lorenz: thanks for breaking the indeed somewhat scary silence here.

There's also
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?submitter=pape%40dbnbgs.smarden.org#_0_4_4
: Gerrit Pape orphaned all his djb-ish packages (daemontools, qmail, ...):

 #947694 O: checkpw -- checks password which is stored in ~/Maildir/.password
 #947705 O: ucspi-proxy -- Connection proxy for UCSPI tools

.  I am still very much interested in proper support for non-systemd init
systems in Debian.  However, I cannot commit to any substantial investment of
time in the short term.

Any init-diversity enthousiast planning to visit FOSDEM, feb 1 and 2 in
Brussels?  I'll be hanging out at the Debian booth.  Would be happy to meet.

Bye,

Joost