New beta packages available for testing

Dmitry Bogatov KAction at disroot.org
Tue Aug 27 18:24:18 BST 2019

[2019-08-25 14:34] Jesse Smith <jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca>
> On 8/25/19 1:07 PM, Dmitry Bogatov wrote:
> >
> > [2019-08-19 12:29] Jesse Smith <jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca>
> >> [...]
> >> startpar - 0.64-beta
> >> =====================
> >> [...]
> >> * Fixed testsuite script to give better results to tests. Numbered
> >> ?? tests so mixed "success" and "failure" messages would be more clear.
> >
> > Just to double-check. Does this output means that things went well?
> >
> > 	$ make check
> > 	make STARTPAR=/home/iu/devel/salsa/debian/startpar/startpar -C testsuite check
> > 	make[1]: Entering directory '/home/iu/devel/salsa/debian/startpar/testsuite'
> > 	STARTPAR=/home/iu/devel/salsa/debian/startpar/startpar ./runtests
> > 	insserv: warning: could not find all dependencies for $remote_fs
> > 	Test 1 error: the test script in init.d was not running
> > 	Test 2 success: the ls command was running
> > 	make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/iu/devel/salsa/debian/startpar/testsuite'
> >
> > The word 'error' is scary :)
> >

> As an update to this issue, I want to clarify that this error is
> probably coming out as a result from the upgrade from using the old
> style insserv parameters to the new. (We closed a Debian bug a week or
> two ago that complained startpar's testsuite relied on an old version of
> insserv.
>
> Now the startpar testsuite relies on the latest development build of
> insserv (because of the newer parameters passed). So unless the build
> system is running the latest insserv beta, this error can be considered
> expected and ignored.

Thanks for clarification. It do work with latest insserv.

Please, make sure startpar testsuite return non-zero if some tests failed.

Currently, as you can see, `make check` exited succesfully despite
of failed test. It makes automatic testing impossible.
--
Note, that I send and fetch email in batch, once in a few days.
Please, mention in body of your reply when you add or remove recepients.