New beta packages available for testing

Jesse Smith jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca
Sun Aug 25 18:34:27 BST 2019

On 8/25/19 1:07 PM, Dmitry Bogatov wrote:

> [2019-08-19 12:29] Jesse Smith <jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca>
>> [...]
>> startpar - 0.64-beta
>> =====================
>> [...]
>> * Fixed testsuite script to give better results to tests. Numbered
>> ?? tests so mixed "success" and "failure" messages would be more clear.
>
> Just to double-check. Does this output means that things went well?
>
> 	$ make check
> 	make STARTPAR=/home/iu/devel/salsa/debian/startpar/startpar -C testsuite check
> 	make[1]: Entering directory '/home/iu/devel/salsa/debian/startpar/testsuite'
> 	STARTPAR=/home/iu/devel/salsa/debian/startpar/startpar ./runtests
> 	insserv: warning: could not find all dependencies for $remote_fs
> 	Test 1 error: the test script in init.d was not running
> 	Test 2 success: the ls command was running
> 	make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/iu/devel/salsa/debian/startpar/testsuite'
>
> The word 'error' is scary :)

As an update to this issue, I want to clarify that this error is
probably coming out as a result from the upgrade from using the old
style insserv parameters to the new. (We closed a Debian bug a week or
two ago that complained startpar's testsuite relied on an old version of
insserv.

Now the startpar testsuite relies on the latest development build of
insserv (because of the newer parameters passed). So unless the build
system is running the latest insserv beta, this error can be considered
expected and ignored.

- Jesse