elogind 239.2-1+debian1

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu Nov 29 11:17:30 GMT 2018

Mark Hindley writes ("Re: elogind 239.2-1+debian1"):
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 12:19:10AM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Is this work intentionally rebased compared to your `debian_WIP'
> > branch that I used before ?
>
> No, other than me trying to reconcile the different trees we have and prepare a
> minimal set of changes between debian and devuan with a common master
> branch. Sorry if I have made a mess of it.

I confess I didn't look at the git history, just at the diffs.

> > I think we need to document all the changes in some changelog entry or
> > entries between the last one for the the sid upload, and the new one
> > for the next sid upload.  To see what I mean, try this:
> >   git-diff 3db0951280c4f5abae7fd50a7094c75e73df15ad
> > b5409af62c35db39db2e5c25006f2bee7a42275f -- debian
>
> OK. I will backout the inadvertent changelog changes and make sure
> all the other changes are documented.

IDK how you made this branch but perhaps a restructuring of the
history would help.  Or maybe that would be a lot of work.  (FAOD I
don't much mind what shape the history is, particularly since I think
we are still finding our feet in workflow / git management terms.)

Do what you think is best, but the bottom line does have to be, I
think, that the changelog entries since the last upload to sid should
document the differences.

I think it is OK if there are other differences further down the
changelog, if that is documented at the top, with something like
"changelog reorganised due to ..." or something.

> Are you still happy that the definitive git tree will be
> https://git.devuan.org/devuan-pacakges/elogind.git?

Yes.

> > Also, since there is a new binary package here it will need to go
> > through NEW again, although I imagine that will be quicker this time.
>
> I don't see another way around that, otherwise we can't coinstall both
> libelogind-dev and libsystemd-dev for the proposed policykit builds (other than
> not shipping the elogind dev manpages).

Indeed.

> >   opts="filenamemangle=s/(?:.*)?v?(\d[\d\.]*)\.tar\.gz/elogind-$1.tar.gz/, dversionmangle=s/\+nosubmodule//" \
> >  https://github.com/elogind/elogind/tags (?:.*/)?v?(\d[\d\.]*)\.tar\.gz
>
> Yes, I think that is right.

Would you please make a commit with that in ?  Or should I do that
myself after you're done ?

Regards,
Ian.

--