elogind 239.2-1+debian1

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu Nov 29 00:19:10 GMT 2018

Mark Hindley writes ("elogind 239.2-1+debian1"):
> Now elogind has been accepted into Debian, I have a new version for review
> before upload.
>
>  * New upstream release v239.2.
>  * Support /var/lib/dbus/machine-id as an alternative to /etc/machine-id
>  * Enable testsuite
>  * Include missing busctl manpage.
>
> For review, it is available at
> https://git.devuan.org/LeePen/elogind/tree/debian.

Thanks.  I assume that means the `debian' branch at
https://git.devuan.org/LeePen/elogind ?

I compared this to the thing I uploaded to sid, earlier, and there are
quite substantial changes not mentioned in the changelog (including,
it seems, changes to the changelog itself).

Is this work intentionally rebased compared to your `debian_WIP'
branch that I used before ?

I think we need to document all the changes in some changelog entry or
entries between the last one for the the sid upload, and the new one
for the next sid upload.  To see what I mean, try this:
  git-diff 3db0951280c4f5abae7fd50a7094c75e73df15ad b5409af62c35db39db2e5c25006f2bee7a42275f -- debian

Also, since there is a new binary package here it will need to go
through NEW again, although I imagine that will be quicker this time.

> Ian, I am unsure about your "dversionmangle=s/\+nosubmodule//" in
> debian/watch. I think it is broken and should be in a comma separated list with
> the filemangle option. I don't use dgit, does it still need to be there?

Yes, we do still need it.  We need to maintain the submodule-stripped
branch and add +nosubmodule to the version.  I will do that
bureaucracy.  (Sorry I didn't manage to write that polemic against git
submodules yet, although it might not change upstream's mind
anyway...)

As for the syntax: maybe I misunderstood the watch documentation in
uscan(1) but AFAICT, `filenamemangle' and `dversionmangle' and so on
are all things that appear in `opts'.  See `WATCH FILE OPTIONS'.  But
now that I look at it again I think maybe I have my quoting wrong it
should be something like this:

  opts="filenamemangle=s/(?:.*)?v?(\d[\d\.]*)\.tar\.gz/elogind-$1.tar.gz/, dversionmangle=s/\+nosubmodule//" \
 https://github.com/elogind/elogind/tags (?:.*/)?v?(\d[\d\.]*)\.tar\.gz

?  That seems to produce better output when I run uscan.

Regards,
Ian.

--
Ian Jackson <ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk>   These opinions are my own.