New dependency of insserv

Jesse Smith jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca
Wed Nov 28 20:14:16 GMT 2018

On 11/28/18 2:48 PM, Dmitry Bogatov wrote:

> While packaging newest version of insserv (1.18.0), I noticed that it
> now depends on dbus.
>
> Well, any chance to make it optional? I believe this patch will do:

I am open to using this patch to make the d-bus dependency optional.

Someone else asked about making this a run-time option, but it sounds
like the goal here is to avoid a compile-time dependency rather than a
run-time one.

I'd like to hear any arguments for focusing on making the dependency
run-time versus compile-time before applying the patch.

- Jesse