Oopsie in sysvinit-2.92

Jesse Smith jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca
Fri Nov 23 22:15:37 GMT 2018

Earlier this evening I published a stable release of sysvinit-2.92 and,
almost immediately afterwards, someone reported a bug against the beta.
The bug is a simply typo, which affects pidof's checking of processes
when the omit (-o) flag is used.

Since it is such a small bug, I'm not sure what would be the best way
forward for Debian/Devuan packagers. Is it more desirable to have a new
sysvinit-2.93 release with the included fix, or better to leave 2.92 in
its current state and apply the patch downstream?

I'm slightly leaning toward a very minor new release of 2.93 this
weekend with just this one change, but am open to suggestions.

- Jesse