polkit-1 for elogind

Mark Hindley mark at hindley.org.uk
Fri Nov 23 09:38:00 GMT 2018

On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 06:17:48PM +0000, Mark Hindley wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 06:07:04PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Andreas Messer writes ("Re: polkit-1 for elogind"):
> > > On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 09:36:36AM +0000, Mark Hindley wrote: One
> > >
> > > I think debian policy requires that package name ends with the .so library
> > > major version number.
> >
> > That is indeed the usual approach.
>
> OK, I will leave it as it is.

Actually, I have just had a quick look at the policy and considered other
examples (libcurl tls/ssl flavours come to mind).

The policy says <soname><version> with an optional hyphen if the soname ends in
a number. We are proposing different flavours of the same soname library. So I
wonder if libpolkit-foo-1-0-elogind is better?

Mark