RFH: sysvinit etc. in Debian

Lorenz lorenzo.ru.g at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 00:43:13 GMT 2018

> Jonathan de Boyne Pollard:
> >> Better that Debian's /sbin/shutdown shim be extended to have "poweroff"
> >> as a further alternative name.  Its author is posting to this mailing
> >> list. (-:
>
>     Dmitry Bogatov:

> >Hi! Runit maintainer here. May I be of service?

Hi!
The problem was solved by Mark Hindley on Elogind's side, but if there is
another
high level tool around that shells out to 'poweroff' it will fail the same
way with runit.
So maybe a broader solution, as suggested by Jonathan de Boyne Pollard, is
to add
a shim /sbin/poweroff --> /sbin/shutdown in runit-init.

Thanks
Lorenzo