Please make /etc/rc.local non-executable by default

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu Nov 15 13:24:29 GMT 2018

> From: Dmitry Bogatov <KAction at debian.org>
> Sender: "Debian-init-diversity"
>  <debian-init-diversity-bounces at chiark.greenend.org.uk>
> To: 746442-submitter at bugs.debian.org
> Cc: debian-init-diversity at chiark.greenend.org.uk
> Subject: Re: Please make /etc/rc.local non-executable by default
> Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 10:38:09 GMT
> I tend to agree. Dear co-maintainers, do you have objections?

Dmitry, FYI you did not send your message to the bug.  NNNN-submitter
does not get the message properly archived in the bug log.  I guess
this was an oversight.  I think with things as they stand now your
message should have gone to:

 To: 746442-submitter at bugs.debian.org,
     746442 at bugs.debian.org
 Cc: debian-init-diversity at chiark.greenend.org.uk

or some such.

In the future, when the Maintainer field has been updated, the CC to
d-i-d will not be needed.  I guess with Benda's message we are ready
for an upload to sid which will fix this ?

Thanks,
Ian.

--
Ian Jackson <ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk>   These opinions are my own.