Elogind v239.1 Devuan/Debian combined source

Adam Borowski kilobyte at angband.pl
Tue Nov 13 16:51:42 GMT 2018

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 04:37:41PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Mark Hindley writes ("Re: Elogind v239.1 Devuan/Debian combined source"):
> > Can we have another source package of polkit building against elogind in Debian?
>
> Probably not, but if what is going on is that some libsystemd stuff
> in polkit is going wrong, hopefully it is separated out enough that we
> could have the one polkit source package build against both.

Wouldn't it be better to have one polkit _binary_ that can talk to either?

Ie, this part Sven Eden just mentioned:
https://github.com/elogind/elogind/blob/d4a3f29/src/basic/cgroup-util.c#L1713
could read:
if (systemd) {
	foo;
} else {
	bar;
}

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ Have you heard of the Amber Road?  For thousands of years, the
⣾⠁⢰⠒⠀⣿⡁ Romans and co valued amber, hauled through the Europe over the