[chiark.chat] Re: RFH: sysvinit etc. in Debian

Lorenz lorenzo.ru.g at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 22:01:19 GMT 2018

Ian Jackson:
> Are these reasons not to upload what we have to Debian sid ?
Sorry my message was unclear on that, I didn't mean it as a stopper, just a
report.

Mark Hindley:
>Does restoring Exec=/usr/sbin/elogind in the dbus login1.service file but
>diabling the initscript work as well?
Last time i checked it was working.
But.. have a look at this old issue
https://github.com/elogind/elogind/issues/25

Ian Jackson:
>Won't polkit-1 in Debian build just fine against the libsystemd-dev
>that is there, and then work with elogind ?  We don't need to modify
>polkit-1 in Debian, do we ?
When i first set up elogind it wasn't working with the Debian polkit, i had
to rebuild.
I mean patch the source and change a build option in rules file.
Since than i haven't check again, is there anyone in Debian that got
elogind working
without rebuilding polkit? Anyway i can check again if needed.
Maybe we can start a new thread for polkit? I think it's a Debian-only
problem.

Thanks,
Lorenzo