adns 1.5.1

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Aug 12 23:20:01 BST 2016

I am pleased to announce the release of adns 1.5.1.

adns is a DNS resolver library for C (and C++) programs, and a
collection of useful DNS lookup utilities.  The C library, and the
command line utilities, provide a convenient interface.  adns is
capable of doing DNS lookups in an asynchronous, event-driven,
fashion.

For more information about adns, please see one of:
  http://www.gnu.org/software/adns/
  http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ian/adns/

This is a bugfix release.

Changes in adns 1.5.1, since adns 1.5.0, are:

  * Portability fix for systems where socklen_t is bigger than int.

  * Fix for malicious optimisation of memcpy in test suite, which
    causes failure with gcc-4.1.9 -O3.  See Debian bug #772718.

  * Fix TCP async connect handling.  The bug is hidden on Linux and on most
    systems where the nameserver is on localhost.  If it is not hidden,
    adns's TCP support is broken unless adns_if_noautosys is used.

  * Fix addr queries (including subqueries, ie including deferencing MX
    lookups etc.) not to crash when one of the address queries returns
    tempfail.  Also, do not return a spurious pointer to the application
    when one of the address queries returns a permanent error (although,
    the application almost certainly won't use this pointer because the
    associated count is zero).

  * adnsresfilter: Fix addrtextbuf buffer size.  This is not actually a
    problem in real compiled code but should be corrected.

  * Properly include harness.h in adnstest.c in regress/.  Suppresses
    a couple of compiler warnings (implicit declaration of Texit, etc.)

Compatibility:

  adns 1.5.1 is fully compatible with 1.4, both in API and ABI.

The files are available here:
  http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ian/adns/ftp/

I hope to be able to make recent adns versions available on the GNU
mirror network shortly (!)

Here are the SHA-256 checksums:

5b1026f18b8274be869245ed63427bf8ddac0739c67be12c4a769ac948824eeb  adns-1.5.1.tar.gz
a1a0e23125a28a459177cdcfcf5520a3fe6eb2dbfd6bb9f6cdfd7457c8f01ae3  adns-1.5.1.tar.gz.sig

There is no diff provided between 1.5.0 and 1.5.1.  If this annoys
anyone I will reconsider whether I should provide one...

--
Ian Jackson <ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk>   These opinions are my own.