Home > Links > Former Last Collections
Former Last Postal Collection Times
What Was Here
These pages used to list last collection times for post from postboxes in various places in the UK. I collected this
information for several years, but I no longer have time or interest enough to do so. Also, I no longer had the inclination
to expose myself to potential legal action from people who didn't understand that this was a wholly unofficial resource, or
that times recorded some years before they were read here might have changed in the meantime. I'm grateful to all those
who contributed information, even if I did not always use it.
What Is Elsewhere
Other people have done many useful things in the same area:
- In May 2008, Tom Taylor submitted a Freedom of
Information Act request to Royal Mail, for a list of all postbox locations. He got back a 3.3MB PDF file, containing
details for 116,088 postboxes.
- Edward Betts converted the file to a more convenient text format, and made the
data available on his website.
- In August 2009, Peter Chamberlin submitted another Freedom of
Information Act request to Royal Mail, for details of last collection times for all listed postboxes. He got back two PDF files,
together containing details for 115,845 postboxes.
- Many postboxes are shown on OpenStreetMap.
- Matthew Somerville has sought to bring together all these sources of data, with his
Find My Nearest Postbox page.
This page is copyright © of and maintained by Mark Waller
Last update: 2014-06-10 14:23