Shonky the Punk exists in two incarnations.
The original Shonky comics were rather poorly executed mouse-drawn bitmaps; a total of five were drawn. Shonky's choice of language is NSFW.
- 2005-04-21.23:18 - The first appearance of Shonky.
- 2005-04-21.23:58 - Guys are guys.
- 2005-11-19.11:34 - Shonky by name, shonky by artwork.
- 2005-11-19.11:40 - Well, how do you lie on your back with a 'hawk that big?
- 2005-11-27.19:04 - Shonky does his hair with epoxy resin.
The New Shonky
The new version of Shonky is drawn using the vector graphics package Inkscape, roughly in the style of Rich Burlew's The Order of the Stick.
The cast display illustrates the new-style characters.
- Shonky is the "star" of the comic. His principal motivations are beer, sex, and loud music.
- Hazel is Shonky's girlfriend, for reasons nobody (least of all her brother, Scrote) can understand. Her parents still call her "Cheryl".
- Scrote is Hazel's brother, and seems to have access to a limitless supply of third-rate cannabis. He tolerates Shonky sleeping with Hazel mostly because the last time he argued with her choice of boyfriend, she kicked him in the nuts.
- Melisande is the melancholic goth girl who lives next door to Shonky. Her melancholy is enhanced by her hair's preternatural immunity to black dye and her mother's insistence on calling her "Liselotte".
- Adrian is Melisande's flatmate, and the front man of the speed metal band Satan's Fist. He's also been dead for six years due to an unfortunate mix-up over the contents of the band's rider at their second gig.