ICR "Unique Identifiers"

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Wed Nov 4 16:19:13 GMT 2015

In article <C5A5B053-5205-4B8B-A581-769A4794B196 at batten.eu.org>, Ian
Batten <igb at batten.eu.org> writes
>What?  What?  What is this on about?  I’m guessing it means you
>need to store whatever the token was that was used to issue an IP
>number (IMEI, modem MAC, etc), but it’s surely not going to be able
>to do anyhing about downstream NAT

It's not a secret that they are trying to "do something" about
Carrier-Grade NAT, which has always been a characteristic of most GSM
data access, but is now infiltrating fixed broadband, largely because of
the exhaustion of IPv4 addressing.

It's the 2015 equivalent of wanting to know which subscriber had which
dynamic IP address (at a specific time/date) issued from a dial-up modem
in the 90's.