Policy under an unchained Michael Gove [was: Theresa May]

Richard Lamont richard at lamont.me.uk
Sun May 10 15:40:57 BST 2015

On 09/05/15 14:58, Peter Mitchell wrote:
> “A Conservative government would be giving the security agencies and law
> enforcement agencies the powers that they need to ensure they're keeping
> up to date as people communicate with communications data. We were
> prevented from bringing in that legislation into the last government
> because of the coalitions with the Lib Dems and we are determined to
> bring that through because we believe that is necessary to maintain the
> capabilities of our law enforcement agencies so they can continue to do
> the excellent job day in day out of keeping us safe and secure”

According to a report on Radio 4's The World This Weekend, the snoopers'
charter will now be the responsibility of Michael Gove, the
newly-appointed Minister of Justice, and not the Home Secretary.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05tbst1

The relevant bit of audio starts at 07:48 in.

--
Richard Lamont
<richard at lamont.me.uk>