Caspar Bowden died.

Ian Mason ukcrypto at sourcetagged.ian.co.uk
Sat Jul 11 20:50:33 BST 2015

I had literally just got back from an old friends funeral, who also died of cancer, when I first read the news of this.

There are a lot of things I could say about Caspar, what he did and why his death is a serious loss to any who care about privacy and government over-reach in the name of "security" but I won't.  I'll just say that he was, as an Aussie friend would put it, a "bloody good bloke" and leave it at that.

My condolences to his family and friends.