Google blocking 7zip

Gmail codepope at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 11:13:00 GMT 2014

Well, there is another option and that is that something in your 7z archives is tripping
the scanning... Google may have turned on some of the VirusTotal scanning. Have you tried
dropping a smaller 7z archive into https://www.virustotal.com/ and seeing if it flags anything?

Dj

On 28 March 2014 at 11:04:35, Richard Hopkins (richard.hopkins at bristol.ac.uk) wrote:

--On 28 March 2014 10:30 +0000 Gmail <codepope at gmail.com> wrote:

> One assumes this has expanded to .7z files and that the archive contains
> one of the <dramatic music> banned extensions.

Yes, I kind of assumed the same (that .7z had been added to the list, but
the webpage hasn't been updated to reflect).

However, *all* .7z (encrypted) archives are blocked, whether they contain
"dangerous" attachments or not.

I'm hoping that Google have made a mistake here which they will recognise
and fix real soon.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard